Aspen Technology has launched aspenONE Version 10 software, its latest asset performance management, engineering, and manufacturing and supply chain software release supports the company’s evolution from process optimisation to asset optimisation, the next frontier of optimisation to help drive increased financial return over the entire asset lifecycle.
The aspenONE Version 10 software release includes aspenONE Asset Performance Management (APM), a suite for site, process and equipment performance management. Combining over 30 years of deep process modelling expertise with real time big data and machine-learning solutions, the new suite is designed to increase asset uptime, improve reliability, extend the life of equipment, and achieve optimal process performance system-wide to drive increased profitability.
The integrated suite of APM analytics provides prescriptive guidance to address multiple levels of asset performance:
- Site-wide risk analysis with Aspen Fidelis Reliability software helps identify asset availability and utilisation risks through reliability modelling and simulation.
- Process analytics include Aspen Asset Analytics software to assess the root causes of process disruptions, predict future occurrences and prescribe actions to avoid them. Rapidly configured and deployed, pre-packaged analytics for column troubleshooting use ensemble modelling to provide operational guidance. Included as well, Aspen ProMV® software improves process reliability and asset uptime using advanced multivariate process analytics for continuous and batch monitoring.
- Equipment performance analytics with Aspen Mtell software provides machine-learning analytics that predict when failures will occur, understand why they will occur and prescribe what to do to avoid the failure.
The software enables asset design optimisation across capital, energy, controllability, environmental impact, safety and yield, empowering collaborative workflows that drive sustained profitability.
- Specialty chemicals and pharmaceuticals companies are making investments to develop and deliver new products to market. This new software extends modelling from continuous to batch and semi-batch processes to help companies accelerate new product development and optimise production to compete more effectively.
- Engineering, procurement and construction companies need to accelerate projects and reduce risk to compete effectively. The new web-based Aspen Basic Engineering streamlines data integration in FEED preparation and improves collaboration across globally distributed teams.
- Process plants are faced with frequent operational changes and risks to asset utilisation. Faster calibration of model to plant data in Aspen Plus and Aspen HYSYS® software for operations support reduces operating costs and increase yields.
Building on the PIMS-AO engine, the new Aspen Unified PIMS features a modern web-based architecture with scalable high-performance computing that enables better collaboration and improved insights into model performance.