Element 14 has added the Freescale 9-axis sensor toolbox breakout board to its portfolio of technology products, which includes the largest range of development kits available globally from one single source.
The new 9-axis Freescale Sensor Toolbox Breakout Board, BRKT-STBC-AGM01, features three of the latest sensing technologies incorporated onto a single board, and is a smaller-footprint version of the recently launched FRDM-STBC-AGM01.
These sensing technologies allow users to determine motion, position and location as well as angle of rotation. Moreover, as this breakout board can be simply soldered on to an existing design, it enables designers to easily test applications that need to detect motion, orientation and location information, such as:
- Freefall and motion detection
- Vector-magnitude change detection
- Pulse and tap detection (single and double)
- Industrial and consumer grade robots, UAVs, and RC vehicles
- Gyro-stabilized electronic compass
- Gesture-based user interfaces and Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Mobile phones and tablets
- Virtual and augmented reality devices (including glasses