Siemens’ customer service has gained global recognition, receiving five Contact Center World medals in the 2009 Asia Pacific Awards.
Siemens won the awards for outstanding community and customer service. The company was nominated six times across the five award categories, achieving an award in every one including two gold, and three silver medals.
The awards recognise outstanding customer service across the Asia Pacific region. There were more than 1,000 applicants for the 2009 program, with the best shortlisted and invited to present at an event in Singapore at the end of June.
Medals were awarded to Siemens for:
• Best Contact Centre (under 50 seats): Gold medal
• Best in Customer Service (open category): Gold medal
• Best Community Spirit (open category): Silver medal
• Best Leader in the Region: Silver medal to Steve McKenzie, Head of Customer Care Centre
• Best Customer Service Agent: Silver medal to Beverley Pass, Siemens Customer Care Centre Team Leader
The two gold medal wins qualify Siemens for the ‘Best in World’ award finals to be judged in November.
“At Siemens, the customer care lifecycle is our key to improved customer service. We lead change in the marketplace by first listening to our customers, actively and transparently measuring our performance, and evolving to exceed our customers’ expectations,” said a spokesperson from Siemens.
“Most importantly, we keep asking our customers the same basic question — how can we do it better for you?”