Latest News

Santos secures new gas supply contract to Murrin Murrin

Santos has secured a contract to supply natural gas to the Minara Resources’ Murrin Murrin nickel and cobalt project in Western Australia.

The contract with Murrin Murrin Operations will see Santos supply 14.8 PJ of gas to the project from the offshore Reindeer field in the Carnarvon Basin after it has been processed through the onshore Devil Creek plant located approximately 45 kilometres southwest of Karratha.

Commencing in 2013, the contract is for six years.

Santos Vice President WA&NT, John Anderson, said the contract with a major mining company like the ASX-listed Minara Resources was further proof that Santos was a competitive supplier of domestic gas in the expanding WA market.

“This is our fourth contract for the sale of Reindeer gas through the new Devil Creek plant, and we are in discussions with other potential buyers,” he said.

“It reinforces our position as a major provider of domestic gas for the WA market, and we look forward to meeting further local demand for energy.”

Santos has a 45% interest in the Reindeer field and Devil Creek. The remaining interest is held by Apache Northwest (55% and Operator).

[Image above courtesy Apache Corporation.]

Send this to a friend