The doors open tomorrow for National Manufacturing Week 2015, featuring over 250 exhibitors and more than 40 speakers.
NMW will be co-located with the Safety First Conference & Expo, advanced manufacturing expo Austech and the Smart Logistics Conference. This year's highlights include:
- New Product Zones – the rapidly-changing face of industry is reflected in new areas including Advanced Materials (with composites and metals for aerospace and defence as well as civil and construction applications), Intralogistics (next-generation logistics, materials handling and distribution solutions). These new areas bring NMW 2015 to a total of NMW 11 Product Zones, clearly laid out to make it easier to find specific areas of interest.
New ideas from a broad range of industry experts in NMW's rolling speaker sessions, including
- Creating a high-performing manufacturing company
- Unusual approaches to getting an idea from Development to a Fully Testable Product
- Increasing Productivity by increasing energy efficiency
- Specialist support for manufacturers around innovation, making design ideas 'workable', rapid prototyping
- Advances in wind, solar and waste management technologies
- Live demonstrations of new technologies, including for automated product inspection, steel finishing, metal marking, world-record-speed riveting, lifting, welding and more.
Anthony Reed, Exhibition Director for NMW 2015 said, “Industry is full of manufacturers who are achieving inspiring success by extending or re-imagining what they already do. NMW aims to support these innovations, by providing the forum that brings people with different ideas and experiences together to exchange of ideas and information."
"NMW also presents technologies and innovations that can be used with immediate effect: and I believe this year's showcase will spark ideas that will ripple across the industry, opening up new opportunities for the future."
NMW 2015 runs May 26 – 29 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, and entry is free to the trade. For a full list of exhibitors and keynote events, click here.