This year’s National Manufacturing Week (NMW 2013) comes with a mobile app to help visitors get more from the event.
Launched by NMW’s organisers, Reed Exhibitions, the app provides a detailed guide to NMW 2013, including ‘What’s on’ listing, event reminders and alerts, floor plan and exhibitor details as well as social media access.
NMW 2013 – with its co-location partner, Austech – takes place May 7 – 10 in Melbourne, with more than 300 exhibitors presenting solutions that help industry boost their day-to-day operations and find new sources of competitive advantage.
This year’s event will also house rolling product demonstrations and a Solutions Theatre with presentations on broad business themes.
The NMW app, designed around an easy-to-use menu and built natively for iPhones and iPads, can be downloaded free of charge from nationalmanufacturingweek.com.au/appdetails.
Paul Baker, Exhibition Director for NMW 2013 comments that the app combines tradition and technology.
“As industry’s largest integrated event, NMW has always provided a vast amount of information, in our exhibition guide, on exhibitors, events and more. It’s extremely convenient for visitors to have this information at their fingertips, before and during the event,” Baker said.
“The NMW app will also help people cover more ground. Many visitors find that they become immersed in the new technologies on offer and risk missing exhibitors or events they’d planned to view.
"The app, with its event alerts and other functions, will help visitors keep track of their original plans for covering the event – even as they become inspired by new discoveries,” Baker said.
Key features of the NMW app include:
- Map – an interactive floor plan of NMW’s layout
- Exhibitors – details on which companies are attending, and what they’re featuring
- Program – what’s on each day of NMW, when and where, with event alerts and reminders
- My Profile – for visitors to create (and if they wish, share) their details with other app users
- People – read about and – if you wish – get in touch with other users of the app
- Live – post comments to the app’s activity stream and (optionally) Twitter and Facebook.