Panasonic has launched what it claims to be the world’s lightest fully rugged 3-in-1 handheld tablet, adding to its portfolio of enterprise-grade mobile devices.
The Toughpad FZ-N1 is designed to meet the increasing demands placed on workers by boosting productivity while guarding against impacts on employees’ health. It is suited to industries such as transportation and logistics, manufacturing and retail, and applications such as inventory management, shipping and receiving, delivery routing and parcel tracking, and retail store queue busting.
- Angled barcode reader – The ergonomically designed, angled rear barcode reader allows the user to scan items without bending at the elbow or wrist while also being able to clearly read the screen This purpose-built feature was designed to improve productivity and reduce the potential for repetitive strain injuries.
- Full outdoor functionality – The device has a daylight readable display and is built to withstand a 1.8 metre drop on concrete, and it even works with a wet screen or with gloves on. It is fully sealed against dust and is submersible in 100cm of water for 30 minutes, meeting IP65 and IP67 certification requirements, and it can withstand temperatures from below -10°C to above +50°C.
- Android Lollipop operating system – The device features a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
- 4G phone connectivity – The device is a full multi-carrier Band 28 4G LTE phone with dual SIM card support and up to 700 hours of standby time. It comes with 100 decibel speakers with noise suppression and triple noise-cancelling microphones.
- Military-certified toughness – The device can operate in a wide range of environments and has passed a torturous tumble test that saw the device ensure 2000 consecutive 1m drops.
- Warm swappable battery – The device can operate beyond a typical 8-hour work shift on the standard, field replaceable battery, and with an optional extended life battery it can go well beyond two full work shifts. For times when a battery change is necessary during work hours, it can be accomplished while keeping the device operational. When more power is needed, the quick charge capability delivers extended use after a one hour charge, with a full charge averaging only two hours.
- Versatile optional accessories – A broad selection of accessories will be available for the device, including a vehicle dock, hand strap, single and multiple device cradles, multi-battery charger, passive and active stylus options and an extended life battery.