ICP Electronics Australia has released ICP DAS’s I-2534 Industrial 4-port CAN bus Switch and I-5534-M Robust 4-port Industrial CAN bus Switch in Metal Casing with Firmware and Utility Upgrade.
The I-2534 and I-5534-M are both CAN switches used to establish a connection among four CAN bus sub-networks.
In order to solve the problem of the star topology within the CAN network, the I-2534 and I-5534-M are specially designed for integrating four CAN networks and solving the problems when using star topology.
They are not only used as a CAN bridge, but also have more powerful features.
(1) Extend CAN bus working distance.
(2) Connect to four CAN sub-networks with different baud rate.
(3) Support Star or Tree topology.
(4) I-5534-M provides higher stability and reliability in harsh environments.
The upgraded firmware keeps the original features like the user-defined CAN baud rate, CAN bus message acceptance filter and routing path configuration. In addition, the upgraded firmware features the CAN-ID mapping mechanism to modify the received CAN-ID before process forwarding. Users could configure the CAN-ID mapping table.
When the I-2534 and I-5534-M receives the specific CAN-ID, the CAN-ID will change to the corresponding CAN-ID by the mapping table before it is transmitted to another CAN ports.
When CAN devices transmit the same CAN messages, the I-2534 or I-5534-M could change to another CAN-ID by the CAN-ID mapping mechanism.
• 4x CAN Communication Ports.
• TJA1042 CAN Transceiver
• Compatible with CAN Specification 2.0A and 2.0B.
• Fully Compatible with the ISO 11898-2 standard.
• Baud Rate : 5k, 10k, 20k, 33.3k, 50k, 62.5k, 83.3k, 125k, 250k, 500k, 800 k, 1 M bps and user-defined.
• CAN Filter is Configurable.
• CAN Bus Route Path is Configurable.
• 100 Data Frames Buffer for each CAN Channel.
• Max. Data Flow up to 2500fps for all CAN Channels.
• Selectable Baud Rate by Rotary Switch.
• Selectable 120Ω terminator Resistor by DIP Switch.
• LED for CAN Status.
• 2500 Vrms Isolation on the CAN Side
• 3kV Galvanic Isolation between the Power Supply and CAN Channel
• 4kV ESD Protection for each Channel
• Hi-Pot, Surge, EMI and EFT Testing all Pass.
• The Metal Casing of I-5534-M provides higher protection on EMS or other electromagnetic noises.
• Utility tool for CAN Filter, Route path, User-Defined Baud Rate and CAN-ID Mapping (v1.10 Firmware) Configuration.
• Max. CAN-ID Mapping Data up to 32 for each CAN Channel. (v1.10 Firmware)