After being shortlisted as a Good Design Selection finalist in the 2017 Good Design Awards, the Climate Wizard CW-P15 by Seeley International has achieved a major industry accolade after it was announced an award winner in the Product Design category (Commercial and Industrial).
The CW-P15, which was released to market earlier this year, impressed the judging panel who commented: “Best in class energy saving coupled with good design make this a very appealing product. The fit-for-purpose housing makes this a truly integrated product that blends with a range of installation options.”
In response to the award announcement, Seeley International Founder and Executive Chairman, Mr Frank Seeley AM FAICD, said the CW-P15 has leveraged on the multi-award winning Climate Wizard pedigree to achieve an indirect evaporative air conditioner that uses a hyper-efficient counter-flow heat exchanger to produce 100 per cent fresh, cool, outside air, with no added moisture.
“CW-P15 overcomes the shortcomings experienced with traditional evaporative air conditioning, and offers comfort conditions that are equivalent to or better than, conventional refrigerated air conditioning – using up to 80 per cent less energy for cooling than refrigerated systems performing the same function,” Seeley said.
“Our development of CW-P15 allows a broader range of commercial and industrial customers to enjoy the unrivalled benefits and innovative technology of Climate Wizard. In addition to improving the cooling performance of refrigerated equipment, it can also extend the life of existing refrigerated systems – whether it is a retrofit or new installation,” he said.
In addition to offering flexible configurations across commercial and industrial applications, CW-P15 takes full advantage of environmentally friendly R-718 (water) to achieve high-quality cooling at high electrical efficiencies, with no ozone depleting gases or chemicals employed in its operation.
The CW-P15 has integrated several key maintenance and service enhancements to ensure low maintenance requirements and costs, and sets the industry benchmark when it comes to being easy to maintain through the development of new standard filters, with optional washable or disposable pleated panel filters accommodated in the one design.
Similarly, clever design ensures that inverter drive motors are long life and easily accessible from front or rear of the unit, should servicing or replacement be needed. All service installation points, such as power, water and waste are easily accessible during and after installation.
Other features of the CW-P15 include:
- A new compact design which allows for easy side-by-side, rooftop installation,
- Smaller footprint and visually low profile designed to perfectly blend with a rooftop,
- Enhanced access and handling ensures easier installation, connection, service and maintenance,
- Integrated lifting points in the design, ensuring simple crane and forklift transport and installation,
- Direct-mount or frame-mount installation, with the ability to be mounted side-by-side on either side, with all maintainable parts accessed by the front or back of the unit,
- A twin fan design means CW-P15 features separate exhaust and supply channels,
- The design of CW-P15 allows constant supply through air conditioning systems’ low pressure ducts,
- New axial propeller fans, with the sickle blade / air-foil design ensuring added efficiency,
- Integrated air filtration systems, with options for disposable or washable box filters,
- Use of single phase power, rather than three phase power and
- Optional MagIQtouch Controller or standard MagIQcool Controllers, allowing users to set temperatures on-site or remotely.