An internationally recognised machinery safety course is to be offered in Australia in September to provide an expert level of training and an industry-wide recognised level of competence.
A collaboration between Pilz and TÜV NORD, Certified Machinery Safety Expert training (CMSE) is the first of its kind to be run in Australia.
CMSE is targeted at professionals who require a thorough understanding of the safety lifecycle and who actively lead, coordinate and review the more complex and demanding activities in machinery safety.
Training is delivered over four days in the form of individual modules containing lectures, discussions, problem solving and practical workshops. The final day is an open book examination conducted by the independent TÜV Nord Group to verify understanding and enable certification.
Pilz Managing Director, Scott Moffat, said the CMSE course has been specifically developed to provide an expert level of training in the area of machinery safety and will fill a gap in the market.
“Not only will the individual benefit by being equipped with advanced knowledge and skills and a qualification to prove it, but the knowledge gained during training will inevitably filter down through the organisation to other personnel. This will raise internal levels of competence and contribute to higher levels of safety,” said Moffat.
The course is aimed at professionals involved in machine specification, design, construction, maintenance and/or upgrades.
Gaining certification will enable participants to:
- Develop a greater understanding of the requirements of the relevant regulations and standards
- Discover how these may be applied to the design, build, maintenance and operation of machinery
- Understand the obligations to be met when specifying, designing, constructing or putting machinery into service
- Manage projects from risk assessment to safety upgrade and implementation
- Design functional safety systems in accordance with ISO 13849 and IEC62061
- Attain an internationally valid certificate from TÜV NORD
CMSE training will be delivered in Melbourne this year on 10 to 13 September and in Sydney on 16 to 19 September.
For more information: call 03 9544 6300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org