- Honeywell acquires Enraf Holding B.V.
A deal valued at approximately A$306 million, for this division of privately held Delft Instruments, based in Delft, Netherlands.
- Australian tour to automation show
Endress+Hauser is hosting an Australian tour to Interkama 2008, the world’s leading showcase for industrial technology and automation.
- New jobs due to Russian oil and gas project
PSN will create 100 new specialist engineering jobs in Melbourne.
- Profibus agreement
GE Fanuc Automation will provide interface components to Pepperl + Fuchs North America
- Sullair’s Victorian facility, one year in the Australian market
Sullair has recently celebrated the first anniversary of the establishment of its Australian manufacturing facility, which services the domestic and Middle Eastern markets.
- National Instruments behind next-generation Hubble successor
The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), NASA’s next-generation successor to the Hubble, is closer to its 2013 launch thanks to NI’s LabVIEW FPGA.
- Yokogawa and Moore Industries expand their agreement
Their Global Preferred Vendor Agreement will now include Moore Industries’ HCS HART Concentrator System.
- World’s strongest robot
The Kuka KR 1000 titan robot from Kuka Robotics has entered the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s strongest robot.
- Siemens at the world’s largest coal terminal
Siemens Industrial Solutions and Services Group (I&S) will equip the world’s largest coal terminal in South Africa with a Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- New Materials Handling show
Sydney Materials Handling will be a show dedicated to load, move and shift solutions, at The Safety Show Sydney.
- A Networks/Fieldbus Guide
TURCK have introduced their new Networks/Fieldbus Overview Guide, the first in a series of guides to better assist customers in understanding fieldbus networks.
- Energy Efficiency briefing in Sydney
The Energy Users Association of Australia will hold its annual series of Climate Change, Greenhouse & Energy Efficiency (CCGHEE) in Sydney next week.
- NMW to incorporate MTIF
Manufacturing Technology InFocus (MTIF) – and its associated events Automate, Austronics and Electrix – will be incorporated into National Manufacturing Week from 2008.
- Greenhouse gasses detected from space
ABB have completed their greenhouse component detection and measurement sensor for the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency’s (JAXA) GOSAT satellite.
- Smart wireless up for competition
Emerson Process Management will recognise customers with their “Smart Wireless Innovators Contest”.
- China certifies Rockwells safety line
Rockwell Automation has received the China Compulsory Certification (CCC) mark for a majority of its safety product lines.
- New materials for flat panel displays
Honeywell Materials has launched new materials for the production of flat panel displays, which will reduce manufacturing costs and power consumption, and improve colour uniformity and device lifespan.
- Darwin bio-diesel plant managed by a Yokogawa DCS
The production processes at Natural Fuels Australia Ltd’s (NFAL) new bio-diesel plant in Darwin will be monitored and managed by a Yokogawa Distributed Control System
- American truck assembly, verified by LabVIEW and PXI
Freightliner LLC selected NI LabVIEW software and NI PXI-based hardware to replace a VME-based proprietary solution for verifying electrical assembly on its new line of heavy-duty trucks.
- Boom analysis to be held in Perth
Resources Boom: Opportunities and Consequences is the title of The Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering’s 2007 Symposium.