- Backplane Systems
- battery powered cars
- Bill Ebzery
- instrumentation specialists
- micro grid
- Motors and Drives
- Panel PC
- PC panel
- Peter Veron
- ports of melbourne
- power management
- power outages
- Renewable Energy
- Solar Power
- Western Australia,
- Koch to invest over $2 billion in Infor
Infor has announced that Koch Equity Development (KED) has agreed to make an investment of more than $2 billion in the company.
- The growing HVAC sensors and controllers market
The global HVAC market is projected to reach US$9.34 billion by 2024, according to a new report from Transparency Market Research which details trends in the sector from 2016-2024.
- Fibre optic extender for Camera Link
Scitech has announced the VisionLink XF – a new Camera Link fibre optic extender by Engineering Design Team (EDT).
- Misconception turns Aussie students away from engineering
The number of school leavers applying for engineering courses at Queensland universities has declined by 8 per cent compared to last year, according to data from the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre.
- Most at-risk IoT devices revealed
A recent analysis from security company Zscaler reveals the IoT devices that are most at risk of attack.
- Yokogawa acquires energy management tech company SVM
Yokogawa Electric has announced the completion of its acquisition of Soteica Visual Mesa (SVM), a leading energy management technology provider.
- Sydney University designing 5G IIoT network
A 5G cellular network dedicated to supporting the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is being designed by telecommunications specialists at the University of Sydney.
- GE continues to expand AI capabilities; acquires start-ups
General Electric has acquired two machine learning start-ups that will increase its artificial intelligence capability, while also helping it to compete with IBM Watson.
- Miniature Wi-Fi device could supply missing link for the IoT
For widespread deployment of the Internet of Things (IoT) to become reality, the IoT will require a new class of tiny, energy-efficient Wi-Fi radios to pass commands to and from the network to a myriad of devices.
- Applications open: South Australian autonomous vehicle technologies
Companies, industry bodies, research institutions and other organisations are invited to submit creative proposals to the South Australian government which will accelerate the development and implementation of connected and autonomous vehicle technology.
- Ericsson and Cisco partner for IoT, 5G and cloud
Ericsson and Cisco have announced a global business and technology partnership to create the networks of the future.
- “Automatic Vehicle Positioning” for AGVs
Lase has launched LaseAVP – Automatic Vehicle Positioning, to be used for automated guided vehicles (AGVs).
- Power On Australia powers up success with Eaton
Eaton has announced that Power On Australia has cemented its position as a leader in the Australian electrical critical infrastructure market from design through to deployment enabled through the Eaton power quality product range.
- USYD students’ innovative tech inventions for wellbeing
Inventions span from a table lamp that relieves stress before bed, to a wearable device that protects medical staff from violent patients, to a means of transmitting off-grid technology to mobile devices through movement.
- Solid state LiDAR sensor wins innovation award
Quanergy Energy Systems has announced that it has received the CES 2017 ‘Best of Innovation’ Award in the vehicle intelligence category for its S3 solid state LiDAR sensor.
- The move to prepare Australia for autonomous vehicles
Ministers at a recent Transport and Infrastructure Council Meeting agreed to a series of reform initiatives over the next 24 months that will assist the deployment of autonomous vehicles to Australian roads.
- Cooling solution for remote field-based instrumentation
Intertec has launched a family of high-performance water coolers, designed to work in combination with passive cooling systems.
- New method to dissipate heat in electronics
By modulating the flow of phonons through semiconductor nanowires, engineers can create smaller and faster devices.
- AMGC to invest $250k in Manufacturing Futures Institute
The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre has announced funding of $250,000 toward the Swinburne Manufacturing Futures Research Institute to boost the adoption of Industry 4.0 processes that will increase Australian manufacturing competitiveness.
- Siemens and Bentley form strategic alliance, joint investments
Siemens and Bentley Systems have announced a strategic alliance agreement to drive new business value by accelerating digitalisation to advance infrastructure project delivery and asset performance in complementary business areas.