- ACT government
- Ai Group
- Albanese government
- APS Industrial
- Australian government
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
- blockchain technology
- Charles Darwin University
- clean energy
- Electric vehicles
- GenCost report
- Grid Innovation Hub
- Horizon Power
- hydrogen-fuelled generator
- Hydrogen Energy Storage System (HESS)
- Hydrogen industry
- Hydrogen Knowledge Centre
- International Energy Agency
- Monash Energy Institute
- Monash university
- net zero emissions
- Northern Territory
- NSW government
- Project SE
- Queensland government
- Renewable Energy
- RS Components
- Schneider Electric
- Sydney Energy Forum
- Victorian Government
- women in industry
- Horizon Power technology to increase renewables in WA
Horizon Power is rolling out technology to unlock access to renewables and reduce carbon emissions in microgrids across regional and remote Western Australia.
- World first solar powered Direct Air Capture company launches
AspiraDAC, an Australian early-scale carbon removal company, has launched with endorsement from global financial infrastructure company, Stripe, via Frontier.
- Monash ACEs boost for blockchain technology in the Pacific
Blockchain technology researchers at Monash University from Australia and the Pacific region are among ten global winners of the Algorand Centres of Excellence (ACE) Program, sharing $71.79 million to strengthen blockchain technology, education and innovation.
- SafetyCulture invests $3 million in IoT player Inauro
Global workplace operations company, SafetyCulture, has invested $3 million into the Australian data and IoT software company, Inauro, supporting an emerging technology that enhances frontline processes.
- CSIRO launches virtual Hydrogen Knowledge Centre
The Hydrogen Knowledge Centre, part of CSIRO’s Hydrogen Industry Mission, has been designed to foster collaboration between the growing Australian hydrogen industry, government and R&D ecosystems by providing regularly updated information on policies, projects, research and resources.
- CDU to establish a pilot hydrogen-fuelled generator
Charles Darwin University (CDU) will be part of the Northern Territory’s hydrogen-fuelled future with a pilot hydrogen generator, storage and fuel-cell system to be established in Darwin.
- Monash explores energy storage market design
The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) has announced $495,000 in funding to the Grid Innovation Hub at the Monash Energy Institute to conduct a desktop study exploring the integration of storage into energy markets, with an aim to design efficient incentives for storage operators to enable clearer investment signals for storage.
- International leaders discuss clean energy at the Sydney Energy Forum
Earlier this month, Indo-Pacific ministers and business leaders gathered in Sydney for a two-day forum to help secure clean energy supply chains in the region and support the global energy transformation.
- The corporate sustainability skills gap on the road to net zero
Over half (52 per cent) of Australian business leaders believe that a sustainability skills shortage is holding back their organisation’s energy transition, according to new research.
- Volvo and ESA co-design net zero operational emergency vehicles
In an Australian first, Volvo Group Australia is partnering with the ACT Emergency Service Agency (ESA) to co-design and develop net zero emission operational emergency services vehicles, including a range of heavy operational support vehicles.
- More women power Victoria’s solar industry
The Victorian government is boosting the number of women working in solar, making the state’s rapidly growing renewables sector more diverse and helping meet skilled worker demand.
- Siemens SIMATIC S7-1200 from APS Industrial
SIMATIC S7-1200 controllers are the ideal choice when it comes to flexibly and efficiently performing automation tasks in the lower to medium performance range. They feature a comprehensive range of technological functions and integrated communication as well as especially compact and space-saving design.
- RS Components introduces FlexiPay+ to their ANZ customers
RS Components have introduced FlexiPay+: a rent to own platform that will be available to selected customers across AUS & NZ. This solution will allow approved businesses to access a huge range of products from leading global suppliers.
- Paris emissions targets evolve via key consultations
Industry has welcomed the upgraded Paris emissions targets, signed in June by Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and minister for Climate Change and Energy, Chris Bowen.
- Workforce shortage impacts 85 per cent of organisations’ cybersecurity
Cybersecurity company, Trellix, has conducted new research into the talent shortage in the industry that shows 85 per cent believe the workforce shortage is impacting organisations’ abilities to secure increasingly complex information systems and networks.
- Asset AI will revolutionise road maintenance in NSW
The NSW government is funding Asset AI, a $2.9 million trial – currently involving 32 sensors installed on 32 public transport buses across Greater Sydney area – which is being led by Transport for NSW and the Roads and Transport Directorate.
- Renewables remain cheapest, but cost reductions on hold
CSIRO’s annual GenCost report confirms wind and solar are the cheapest source of electricity generation and storage in Australia.
- Cairns set to supercharge with new network-connected battery
Cairns will soon be home to one of Queensland’s next electricity network-connected batteries, Energy minister Mick de Brenni announced recently.
- International demand for Australian energy and resources surges
The fallout from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is driving continued strong demand for Australian energy and resources used for electric vehicles, batteries and the transition to cleaner energy, as many Western nations move away from Russia to find alternative sources of supply.
- Zero Emission Vehicle Strategy revs up in Queensland
The Queensland government’s landmark Zero Emission Vehicle Strategy is revving up as new rebates and infrastructure fund opens.