- Innovative development can be made simple
The greatest investment required when modelling the behaviour of a machine occurs at a very early phase of the development cycle but once done delivers numerous benefits.
- Australia’s first utility-scale solar power farm to be set up near Geraldton
The solar farm scoped to be 10 times larger than any other operating solar project in the country is expected to be fully operational mid 2012.
- Rapid recovery for flood-hit pumps
The South East Queensland flood affected huge areas of residential and rural land, including the Gatton operations of vegetable grower Barden Produce. Losses were large, but staff got the facility up and running again in a week.
- Autodesk Acquires Numenus Ray Tracing Technology
As a result of the acquisition, Autodesk software users should gain more accurate visualisation of surfaces and spend less time preparing quality visualisation data.
- Perth company to commence carbon nanotube production next month
Eden’s catalyst production system can deliver sufficient catalyst to produce 3 to 4 tpa of carbon nanotubes or 20 to 30 tpa of carbon nanofibres.
- How to achieve real-time efficiency and boost profits in food and beverage production
Choosing the right process technology can help food and beverage manufacturers reduce on-shelf product errors and achieve real-time efficiency.
- How to cut emissions and boost profitability
Companies must embrace an integrated approach to reducing energy operating costs and emissions and sustaining energy performance.
- Fieldbus-enabled field control increases loop performance
Fieldbus adoption has skyrocketed over the past several years. The total market for fieldbus products is rapidly approaching a billion dollars.
- Downsizing to build a better spray dryer
A scaled down spray dryer uses water instead of air to facilitate a better understanding of fluid dynamics. The aim is to get as complete a picture as possible of the turbulent flow pattern in a spray dryer for as many different case scenarios as relevant.
- Nestle chooses openSAFETY as the safety standard for packaging machines
Large international companies rely on a flexible choice of machines from various manufacturers. But most machine producers have chosen one specific automation platform. Thus users who install different machine types need to integrate different control systems and bus systems into one line.
- Smart grid solution integrates Australia’s first community owned wind farm
ABB’s smart grid technology played a key role in the successful integration of Australia’s first community owned wind farm into the local electricity grid.
- Making diesel fuels environmentally friendly
The fuels powering the diesel engine have undergone considerable development during its 119 year long history. Diesel is beginning to make way for alternatives with a smaller environmental footprint, such as biogas and DME.
- Surprising Results: Digital Prototyping Tests Compare Inventor and SolidWorks
A shootout between Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011 and SolidWorks Premium 2011 is bound to create sparks.
- 10 Reasons to Adopt RT Analysers
Real-time particle size analysers enable the particulate process to be optimised.
- A definitive guide to Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
There is a plethora of technologies for gas analysis and particulate monitoring and there is no solution to suit all applications. An indepth look at the critical factors that must be considered.
- South East Queensland’s Smart Water Grid attracts international attention
There appears to be increasing international recognition that the way to ensure a sustainable drinking water supply is through infrastructure projects likes the Water Grid.
- MasterClass: An innovative strategy to reduce energy costs with Load Tap Changer
EUROTHERM introduces a novel function to maximise the power factor even when phase angle is the only alternative due to the nature of the load.
- Honeywell is the first process automation vendor to receive EDSA certification by exida
Honeywell’s Safety Manager solution has been awarded ISASecure Embedded Device Security Assurance certification by exida, the organisation that conducted the assessment.
- Get products to market quicker: CPM helps users drive innovation
When organisations begin to align processes and strategies, technology and people across the enterprise, Collaborative Production Management becomes indispensable.
- Additive manufacturing can get us more from ore says CSIRO titanium expert
Australia’s vast titanium reserves can be converted to high-value manufactured items and deliver massive export earnings for the next 9,000 years.