- Focusing on energy efficiency
Energy efficiency in machinery and equipment is one of the main issues facing industries on a daily basis.
- Is Australia ready for direct-digital manufacturing?
Historically applied for one-offs, additive manufacturing is seeing increased use as a method of direct digital manufacturing.
- How to manage risk of wind farm energy production using modelling and simulation
Currently there are more than 760 wind turbines in operation in Australia. Achieving reliable and profitable wind farm energy production is fraught with technical and economic risk.
- Control platform provides technology for soil remediation
Adelaide teams dig deep to design and build a sophisticated control platform for a soil remediation machine.
- Service responsiveness is key
Software Toolbox’s managing partner and president, John Weber spoke with PACE on his recent visit to Australia.
- Understand Embedded OPC UA
OPC certification for OPC UA products will help ensure better interoperability and higher customer satisfaction.
- How to create a safe workplace
Under the new Harmonised WHS Act it will not be just the machine manufacturers’ responsibility to ensure machine safety in the workplace.
- Network security is the key
The convergence of manufacturing and IT relies on networks and business infrastructures are thus increasingly exposed to new security risks.
- Compact and flexible thermal storage
New technology allows the heat generated by biogas plants to be stored lossfree in the smallest of spaces for lengthy periods of time, for use as and when required.
- Virtual plant retrofitting and maintenance
Process plants have useful lives of thirty to fifty years, during which time they are routinely retrofitted. Virtual reality software simplifies and helps keep track of retrofit planning and testing.
- Endress+Hauser’s Frank Hils shares his views on local and global industry trends
Frank Hils, Director of Projects & Solutions, Endress+Hauser visited Australia recently. He took some time out from his schedule to talk to PACE about current and impending developments in the industry.
- Australian manufacturing must address cyber threats
Already reeling from the high exchange rate and cheap imports, the manufacturing sector has also been the target of more web attacks than any other industrial sector in Australia.
- How to choose the right hose
Despite its importance, hose selection is often treated as an afterthought. Proper hose selection starts with an understanding of the four main parts of a hose.
- Smart motors keep conveyors moving
Australia’s largest cold-chain logistics service provider found a cost-effective way to improve reliability of the equipment which was failing due to an ageing conveyor system.
- The IICA and networking
Networking activities will help our industry get on the radar of decision makers.
- A guide to wireless sensor technology
The push by organisations to boost productivity calls for additional measurements resulting in the deployment of additional transmitters.
- Lubricate machines with water not oil
Adding natural polymers to water can dramatically improve its lubricating properties.
- Wireless radios send the right signals at power company
The Hadong Power Plant had to decide whether to lay more than 600 meters of fiber optic cable at the plant’s coal handling and testing area or ditch the wire and use industrial HotSpot Radios.
- Dairy company employs DAF treatment to achieve tough wastewater targets
The Dissolved Air Flotation system is capable of treating 300,000 litres of effluent daily.
- Top tips to effectively manage pharmaceutical calibrations
Calibrating instruments properly in a timely manner is an important aspect of ensuring that a pharmaceutical product is manufactured properly.