- Wireless radios send the right signals at power company
The Hadong Power Plant had to decide whether to lay more than 600 meters of fiber optic cable at the plant’s coal handling and testing area or ditch the wire and use industrial HotSpot Radios.
- Dairy company employs DAF treatment to achieve tough wastewater targets
The Dissolved Air Flotation system is capable of treating 300,000 litres of effluent daily.
- Top tips to effectively manage pharmaceutical calibrations
Calibrating instruments properly in a timely manner is an important aspect of ensuring that a pharmaceutical product is manufactured properly.
- Where should you use Cleaning In Place?
Expanded health and safety and food security compliance is set to make CIP more stringent.
- Compact spectrometer allows rapid testing of food quality
The application measures the amount of water, sugar, starch, fat and protein present in the products.
- How process automation can boost efficiency
Flexibility is important as the need for productivity improvements is a constant challenge.
- Transparent packaging films with permeation barrier layers enhances the freshness of foods
The transparent packaging film contains a very thin aluminium oxide layer which is less permeable for oxygen and water vapour than conventional film thus extending the freshness and crispness of foods.
- Is food safety getting worse?
The industry must constantly raise the bar for food safety.
- The challenge of developing integrated solutions for a chemical plant
An Orica joint venture nitric acid plant implements an integrated technology solution on a single platform for all process automation applications.
- Networks installed at Curragh Mine
The project to upgrade the network at Curragh’s Coal Handling Preparation Plant had to overcome some unforeseen hurdles that called for innovative solutions by the engineering team.
- Fully-automated production cell increases manufacturing efficiency
An all-electric tube bending cell does the work of more than three bending and punching machines.
- Why ‘Industrial Ethernet’ is more than just ‘Industrial’ + ‘Ethernet’
A structured and total lifecycle approach to Industrial Ethernet will improve the performance, reliability, scalability and longevity of your network.
- Smart pH loops for plug-n-play installation reduce calibration time
Extensive diagnostic data with advanced pH sensors enables plants to lower maintenance requirements.
- Assess our industry’s contribution
Let’s take a realistic look at the industry sectors that employ us.
- Which way is PLM headed?
PLM provides Australia’s process and engineering sector with major opportunities to meet challenges ahead.
- Why is it important to calibrate instruments with software?
Software-based calibration management systems with documenting calibrators allow calibration results to be stored in the calibrator’s memory and then automatically uploaded back to the software.
- Improve efficiency and determine potential energy savings
Plants are unable to improve efficiency because they lack real-time performance information.
- What are the true costs of poor power quality?
The loss of power or poor power quality can significantly hurt a business in terms of lost production and disruption to operations.
- The challenge of implementing process control in sterile environments
An innovative touch screen operator interface guides the user through selecting a cycle from a range of pre-vacuum and general purpose gravity cycles.
- How to select the right connector
The optimum plug connectors for industrial use must always be selected depending on the particular application area, transmission medium and environmental requirements.