- Compact and flexible thermal storage
New technology allows the heat generated by biogas plants to be stored lossfree in the smallest of spaces for lengthy periods of time, for use as and when required.
- Virtual plant retrofitting and maintenance
Process plants have useful lives of thirty to fifty years, during which time they are routinely retrofitted. Virtual reality software simplifies and helps keep track of retrofit planning and testing.
- Endress+Hauser’s Frank Hils shares his views on local and global industry trends
Frank Hils, Director of Projects & Solutions, Endress+Hauser visited Australia recently. He took some time out from his schedule to talk to PACE about current and impending developments in the industry.
- Australian manufacturing must address cyber threats
Already reeling from the high exchange rate and cheap imports, the manufacturing sector has also been the target of more web attacks than any other industrial sector in Australia.
- How to choose the right hose
Despite its importance, hose selection is often treated as an afterthought. Proper hose selection starts with an understanding of the four main parts of a hose.
- Smart motors keep conveyors moving
Australia’s largest cold-chain logistics service provider found a cost-effective way to improve reliability of the equipment which was failing due to an ageing conveyor system.
- The IICA and networking
Networking activities will help our industry get on the radar of decision makers.
- A guide to wireless sensor technology
The push by organisations to boost productivity calls for additional measurements resulting in the deployment of additional transmitters.
- Lubricate machines with water not oil
Adding natural polymers to water can dramatically improve its lubricating properties.
- Wireless radios send the right signals at power company
The Hadong Power Plant had to decide whether to lay more than 600 meters of fiber optic cable at the plant’s coal handling and testing area or ditch the wire and use industrial HotSpot Radios.
- Dairy company employs DAF treatment to achieve tough wastewater targets
The Dissolved Air Flotation system is capable of treating 300,000 litres of effluent daily.
- Top tips to effectively manage pharmaceutical calibrations
Calibrating instruments properly in a timely manner is an important aspect of ensuring that a pharmaceutical product is manufactured properly.
- Where should you use Cleaning In Place?
Expanded health and safety and food security compliance is set to make CIP more stringent.
- Compact spectrometer allows rapid testing of food quality
The application measures the amount of water, sugar, starch, fat and protein present in the products.
- How process automation can boost efficiency
Flexibility is important as the need for productivity improvements is a constant challenge.
- Transparent packaging films with permeation barrier layers enhances the freshness of foods
The transparent packaging film contains a very thin aluminium oxide layer which is less permeable for oxygen and water vapour than conventional film thus extending the freshness and crispness of foods.
- Is food safety getting worse?
The industry must constantly raise the bar for food safety.
- The challenge of developing integrated solutions for a chemical plant
An Orica joint venture nitric acid plant implements an integrated technology solution on a single platform for all process automation applications.
- Networks installed at Curragh Mine
The project to upgrade the network at Curragh’s Coal Handling Preparation Plant had to overcome some unforeseen hurdles that called for innovative solutions by the engineering team.
- Fully-automated production cell increases manufacturing efficiency
An all-electric tube bending cell does the work of more than three bending and punching machines.