- Transmin wins 2013 PACE Zenith Machine Builder Award
The company’s Rocklogic rock breaker control and automation system eliminates safety risks associated with critical mining operations. MAR was Highly Commended for its Robotic Idler Replacement System.
- Sinclair Knight Merz wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Water & Wastewater
The company provided multi-disciplinary engineering design services for the upgrade of the Goodna STP. UGL Engineering was Highly Commended for its Nepean Water Filtration Plant.
- Sunshine Sugar wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Food & Beverage
The company installed a drive and motor solution that has delivered over 40 percent saving in power consumption.
- Erin McMullen wins 2013 PACE Zenith Young Achiever Award
As engineering manager Erin McMullen is playing a key role in shaping the high performance culture of Unilever’s facility.
- SAGE Automation wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Manufacturing
The company designed and installed an aircraft countermeasures production facility for Chemring Australia. RPC Technologies was Highly Commended for its for Light Weight Mine Vent Duct.
- FLSmidth Ludowici wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Mining
The company developed technology to increase the recovery and concentration of fine particles in premium high-grade metallurgical coal processes. Adelaide Control Engineering was Highly Commended for its PhosEnergy Plant.
- Remote diagnostics can improve reliability of drives in mining
Rockwell Automation’s Andrew Hoch talks about recent advances in motors and drives used in mining.
- Concerns regarding potential of Ethernet in industrial plants are no longer valid
As Ethernet technology has evolved to meet the needs of the industrial automation market its capabilities provide significant advantages compared to the older proprietary networks.
- Lifetime Achievement: Finalists at the 2013 PACE Zenith Awards
These two respected professionals are our selected finalists for the 2013 PACE Zenith Lifetime Achievement Awards proudly sponsored by Emerson Process Management.
- Engineering company reinvents blow moulding machine operator interface
Intuitive HMI offers complete and cost-effective control of blow moulding process with improved performance over prior solution.
- Should Australia’s manufacturing future be nuclear?
Could the fabrication of nuclear fuel elements or fuel rods used in nuclear power generation plants, replace our current export of yellowcake?
- Water & Wastewater: Finalists at the 2013 PACE Zenith Awards
These eight nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Water & Wastewater Awards proudly sponsored by Burkert Fluid Control Systems.
- ISA108 intelligent device management focuses on work processes
Many manufacturers are not utilising digital device diagnostics to their best advantage.
- Five minutes with Rafael Koenig
In the PACE hot seat is Rafael Koenig, Chairman, Profibus and Profinet Australia and Manager, Pentair Actuators & Control.
- Transport, Power & Infrastructure: Finalists at the 2013 PACE Zenith Awards
These six nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Transport, Power & Infrastructure Awards.
- Best Fieldbus Implementation: Finalists at the 2013 PACE Zenith Awards
These four nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Best Fieldbus Implementation Awards proudly sponsored by BECKHOFF Automation.
- How to manage risk in energy storage
Understanding the uncertainty associated with operating variable power generation systems helps manage the level of risk associated with delivering services.
- What is the best way to manage BYOD in a plant?
In industrial facilities with hazardous areas field devices must be certified to operate in those environments.
- Mining, Minerals and Exploration: Finalists at the 2013 PACE Zenith Awards
These eight nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Mining, Minerals and Exploration Awards proudly sponsored by Schneider Electric Australia.
- The era of software in measurement and control applications
Graphical system design is an integrated hardware and software approach to increase productivity as you develop any measurement or control system.