- How to deal with the increased focus on security
About 10 years ago, you wouldn’t have found many industrial control engineers asking questions about cyber security. Now, control systems are often the target of sophisticated attacks.
- B&R Automation tools enable manufacturers to build next generation equipment
One of B&R’s strengths is the simple structure of their product range – just two I/O platforms support the entire brand.
- Tuned coatings prevent build-up of contaminants in industrial plants
Special coatings prevent proteins, salt crystals and calcium carbonate deposits from sticking to the surfaces of plants or system components.
- BECKHOFF Automation sees 2013 as a rewarding year for the automation industry
The BECKHOFF New Automation Technology philosophy represents universal and open control and automation solutions that are used in a variety of different applications.
- AMS Instrumentation and Calibration helps end-users optimise their processes and performance
Since splitting the organisation into three different areas the company has grown from strength to strength.
- Engineering software enables designing for the deep
The oil and gas industry is characterised by massive projects that rely heavily on complex modelling solutions to design plants and fix problems prior to implementation.
- ifm efector continues to focus on innovation and strong customer support
All ifm efector’s German engineered products undergo rigid testing in conditions that far exceed their intended application environments to ensure high standard of quality and safety.
- Stress analysis software evaluates effect of forces in electrical devices
Electrical machine developers can employ the tool to minimise forces that cause oscillations close to the natural frequencies of the equipment and thereby avoid collisions between rotating and stationary parts.
- Five minutes with Lyle van der Veer
Lyle van der Veer is National Support & Training Services Manager, Schneider Electric.
- How to keep analysers cool in the field
Strategies for passive cooling of field-based process analysers sited in harsh environmental conditions and high daytime temperatures.
- Declining ore grades require finer grind size for maximum mineral recovery
The High Intensity Grinding mill has been designed specifically to manage fine grained ore-bodies that are rapidly becoming more economically viable.
- Brewhouse gets high on quality
Coopers Brewery replaced its custom-developed quality system with a system that stored quality data for years and also gave staff the ability to analyse the data and make continuous improvements.
- Behind the MVSD vs. VFD debate
The decision whether to use mechanical variable-speed drives or variable frequency drives should always be based on the optimisation of the total purchase-operation costs.
- GE survey finds innovation is main driver of prosperity
Business executives report concerns over their ability to maintain a competitive edge in a faster paced and more globalised environment.
- South Australia uses renewable energy to secure its water source
AdelaideAqua builds a climate-independent water source for South Australia, while considering power, control and environmental considerations.
- Four years of falling electricity demand: can this continue?
Everyone seems surprised that electricity demand continues to decline despite population and the economy growing.
- Is wireless sensing the most important new technology in process measurement?
While growth of wireless measurements in industrial applications has proven to be slower than most forecasts, wireless continues to grow much faster than the overall automation market.
- Improving solids capture
Trihydrate flocculant technology for alumina processing plants will deliver underflow density increases of around 20 percent along with tangible cost savings and environmental benefits.
- Geared to save energy
The biggest problem is that drive technology is growing so quickly that it can be hard to keep up with the changes and understand which is the correct option for individual companies.
- When do instruments need to be calibrated
Plants can improve their efficiency and reduce costs by performing calibration history trend analysis.