- The evolving world of networking and communications
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: Industrial networking is increasingly becoming a discipline in its own right, bridging the gap between enterprise and plant floor networks.
- Motors and Drives: Control and efficiency shape the industry
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: Smooth operation and speed control have been at the heart of motor and drive equipment developments since the 1960s.
- Deliver sustained high-performance production
Operational transformation drives a paradigm transformation in supervisory/operational landscape.
- Enabling safe LNG offloading
Natural gas will be increasingly important as global energy consumption continues to grow. Now the industry is looking for safe and reliable solutions to handle and transport offshore natural gas.
- Bridging the gap between automation and IT
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: The role of the HMI and the functions it performs has regularly been evaluated throughout history.
- Cryogenic freezing is a non-invasive alternative to mechanical plugging of pipelines
The integrity of pipe work is maintained as there is no need to re-test plug location.
- An agile ERP offering for manufacturers
Syspro 7 is aimed at the tier-2 market and includes features which are likely to prove attractive to Australian manufacturers.
- Industry Q&A: Jake Layes, Head of Sustainability & Clean Tech, APAC, Autodesk
As part of our Q&A series we interview you to find out what your job is day to day. This installment features Autodesk’s Jake Layes.
- Process instrumentation has seen dramatic increase in data quality
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: From manual to remote operation, the field of process instrumentation has come far over the years.
- Endress+Hauser takes pole position
For 12 years Chris Gailer was MD of Endress+Hauser’s agency in New Zealand. In January 2011 he took over as MD of Endress+Hauser Australia. Here he outlines the key drivers behind the company’s continued success.
- Adelaide-based valve manufacturer finds export success
Maric Flow Control is tapping into growing world demand for its hand-crafted water valve technology.
- Evolution of safety in Australian industry
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: The advent of programmable safety systems earmarked a breakthrough in the development of safety products and systems in Australia.
- Profile: Karl Wigginton
Karl Wigginton is General Manager and Managing Director of Emerson Process Management responsible for Australia and New Zealand.
- Manufacturers must focus on flexible systems that deliver customised products
Confronted with a range of challenges and sluggish productivity growth Australian manufacturers must seek alternatives to conventional production methods.
- PACE: Sixty years young
This year, PACE marks it’s 60th anniversary, having begun life as a journal for the chemical sector in 1953.
- SEW-Eurodrive reinforces its position
SEW-Eurodrive Managing Director, Robert Merola, recently celebrated his 30th anniversary with the company and is the longest serving member of staff in Australia. He outlines the key drivers behind the company’s success and also offers his perspective on the manufacturing sector.
- Big is beautiful: Australia’s very own supersized 3D printer
The country’s love of giant things is well-documented, but all those books, articles and documentaries chronicling the Big Banana, Big Prawn, Big Merino et al. may have to be updated now that ART 3D has released its Sabertooth 3D printer system.
- Food and beverage exporter doubles profitability with GWE green energy technology
Sabormex is capitalising on the benefits of its high-efficiency waste water treatment plant by installing a complete biogas reuse system to replace fossil fuels with green energy.
- What is the future of automation in manufacturing?
Factories of the future will be bright and stimulating places where people enjoy working and jobs are challenging and rewarding.
- Next gen DCS to make a lasting impression in the Australia’s mining sector
One of the areas in which mining companies are looking to invest in order to improve performance and overcome their many challenges is in the next generation of distributed control systems.