- Industry 4.0: Secure the future, grasp opportunities
Manufacturing companies are facing numerous challenges. The vision for Industry 4.0 addresses these challenges with the development of intelligent, integrated production units.
- Compressed Air Efficiency: A Piping System Solution
Victaulic’s Bill Lowar discusses the cost
- Graphene can pave the way for Australian manufacturing
How can graphene change the face of Australian manufacturing?
- What price our fascination with cheaper 3D printing?
The future of 3D printing is firming up as it moves from do-it-yourself tinkerers to key players selling complete consumer solutions.
- MineWare’s digital terrain mapping system improves safety on site
MineWare’s Digital Terrain Mapping system uses boom mounted laser scanners and GPS sensors to continuously scan and map the terrain around the dragline.
- To OEE or not to OEE
OEE can be a valid metric for industries where process back-up and redundancy are part of the basic design and where clear constraints cannot be easily determined.
- Technology Expos for 2014 announced
IICA Technology Expos are a cost effective way for companies involved in the Instrumentation, Control & Automation areas to showcase their products to a range of people from managers and engineers to apprentices and students.
- Five minutes with Christopher Probst
In the PACE hot seat is Christopher Probst from Omron.
- Farming company replaces proprietary HMI with HMI/SCADA software
Upgrading HMI/SCADA software removed proprietary HMI software roadblocks, and added valuable new features, such as remote access and easier batch control.
- How to select fluid system components for use with sour gases
The conditions under which oil and gas are brought from their reservoirs to the surface can be outright hostile to many common materials used in fluid system components employed in the industry.
- Energy efficiency is the focus
PACE 60-Year Anniversary Series: Demands to save energy and reduce waste have lead suppliers to develop energy monitoring and management systems for longer than we might think.
- Holistic approach creates greater energy efficiencies and intelligent building systems at SAHMRI
EcoStruxure integrates SAHMRI’s building systems into a single platform that includes heating and cooling, energy management, security, and lab controls, to provide efficiency and flexibility throughout the facility’s lifecycle.
- Conveyor belt monitoring can cut downtime
Belt Asset Inspection System can offer visibility into the actual health status of conveyor equipment enabling effective planning and execution of maintenance.
- Sensors: Modernising our industry
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: Sensors have played a critical role in moving our process control and automation engineering sectors in to the modern day.
- Invensys leads the way
Invensys Australia Managing Director, Keith Marriner looks at the big drivers behind some of his company’s innovations over the years and how that has been applied to the latest product release – Foxboro Evo.
- DynAMo turns noise into knowledge
Honeywell’s advanced alarm management software reduces the overall number of alarms while helping operators focus and respond to the most critical of those.
- Ensure compliance with pipeline upkeep and safety
Companies must develop good handling procedures for workplaces to minimise the chance of spills, and also have a spill management protocol in place to make sure spills are safely cleaned up.
- Plant defence comes of age
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: Industrial security technologies are constantly evolving, and now encompass a wide range of physical and cyber solutions.
- Evolution of industrial control systems
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: Control systems have evolved to do a lot more than simply control plant machinery, now providing operations information and enabling operational excellence.
- In-line weld testing packages enhance safety during maintenance season
Localised pressure testing is a means of verifying the integrity of a welded or formed joint or flange installation/weld which has been made on a piping system.