- Food and beverage exporter doubles profitability with GWE green energy technology
Sabormex is capitalising on the benefits of its high-efficiency waste water treatment plant by installing a complete biogas reuse system to replace fossil fuels with green energy.
- What is the future of automation in manufacturing?
Factories of the future will be bright and stimulating places where people enjoy working and jobs are challenging and rewarding.
- Next gen DCS to make a lasting impression in the Australia’s mining sector
One of the areas in which mining companies are looking to invest in order to improve performance and overcome their many challenges is in the next generation of distributed control systems.
- Robotics has a long history in Australia
PACE 60-year Anniversary Series: Vision technology has remained a constant focus for robotic systems engineers since day bot.
- Waste equals energy: The biomass equation
Biomass and waste-to-energy boiler systems have an important role to play in the world. The selection of boiler technology and technology supplier is critical for a successful project.
- Five minutes with Trevor Bloch
In the PACE hot seat is Trevor Bloch, Director of BlochTech Engineering.
- How to protect your industrial control systems from cybersecurity threats
The convergence of the ICS and IT worlds provided many cost and efficiency benefits, however it also exposed ICS systems to the same Cybersecurity risks that IT systems suffer.
- Cyber security: We need more whitelisting
As cyber threats evolve, so do some great tools to combat viruses and malware in the industrial control environment.
- SolidWorks 2014 launches in Australia
SolidWorks says that nine tenths of the changes made for its 2014 suite of products have come from users’ suggestions.
- Design collaboration helps Boral achieve mobile crushing solution
Following an extensive design consultation process for its Peppertree Quarry, Boral, is now leading the way in world’s best practice for in-pit crushing. [VIDEO]
- Control engineers focus on security
Improved defence in depth postures for industrial control systems are needed urgently. Waiting for the next worm may be too late.
- How to protect your rolling element bearings
The behaviour of a nonlinear rolling-element bearing often demonstrates unexpected patterns that are extremely sensitive to initial parameters and conditions. The effect of rolling-element bearing parameters on the machinery vibrations is investigated in this article.
- Communiqué from IICA Strategy meeting
A new form of the IICA will emerge with more specific outcomes.
- Five minutes with Tim Mahony
In the PACE hot seat is Tim Mahony of Wide Bay Water Corporation.
- SICK discusses productivity, process and innovation
From optimising factory processes to having a hand in massive movements of iron ore to checking in bags at airports: sensors are everywhere, making things work. So is SICK.
- Examining the Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network Internet protocol standards for manufacturers
6LoWPAN is well suited to small, compact, relatively low-cost embedded Internet-of-Things appliances that require wireless connectivity to the LAN and to the Internet but can accept connectivity at a relatively low data rate.
- Automation allows us to make optimisations not possible before: Profibus Chairman
Profibus International Chairman Karsten Schneider is keynote speaker for the Profinet and Profibus Business Luncheons in October 2013. Free tickets to the lunch on offer for PACE readers.
- Adding precision to plastics testing
Testing precisely how much load these plastic parts can bear has up to now been a very complicated task. A new instrument achieves simpler and more accurate measurements.
- Local manufacturer of meters goes against the flow
A few years back NSW-based Macnaught brought its complete production inhouse. The company is now gearing up to release an innovative range of locally-designed and manufactured flow meters.
- NI co-founder Jeff Kodosky talks about the path ahead for LabVIEW
PACE caught up with the ‘Father of LabVIEW’ in Austin, Texas at NIWeek 2013 to get some clues on the evolution and future of his creation.