- Automotive and Manufacturing: Finalists at the 2013 PACE Zenith Awards
These seven nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Automotive and Manufacturing Awards proudly sponsored by ifm efector.
- Sensors for continuous monitoring of UV exposure
A new sensor based on aluminium gallium nitride technology and can withstand continuous exposure to UV light without damage.
- How to synchronise crane drives
The problem facing Modular Cranes was that their existing matched overhead cranes were no longer available. They needed a modern alternative that could be installed and synchronised to match the existing cranes.
- Implementing wireless in industrial networks
Process instruments are getting smarter every year over year but their capabilities are often under-utilised. Important data that could help save costs remains unused.
- Five minutes with Karen Eaton
In the PACE hot seat is Karen Eaton, Principal Control & Instrumentation Engineer, UGL.
- Power and Energy Management: Finalists at the PACE Zenith Awards 2013
These seven nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Power and Energy Awards proudly sponsored by Schneider Electric Australia.
- How the IICA is shaping the future of instrumentation and controls in WA
This case study of the Perth Branch of the IICA illustrates the kinds of activities in which the IICA is engaged.
- Motors: power comes in small packages
The digital motor which drives Dyson’s newest products packs impressive specs within a small and tightly integrated unit.
- How technology can mitigate the risk of shift work
The incidence of fatigue is underestimated in virtually every industry because it is hard to quantify and measure. Recognising that fatigue management requires major changes in both organizational culture and operator behaviour.
- EtherCAT based system treats commercial waste efficiently
A small family-owned business develops environmentally-friendly commercial waste treatment process to treat greasy waste.
- Oil & Gas: Finalists at the PACE Zenith Awards 2013
These five nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Oil & Gas Awards proudly sponsored by AMS Instrumentation & Calibration.
- T.W. Woods receives Federal grant for clean energy investment
The T.W. Woods Group manufactures materials handling technology including transfer chutes and loading gates for some of Australia’s resources and energy companies.
- Robot revitalises pharmaceutical packaging line in Melbourne
A key part of the solution was finding a system that could correctly load the blister packs at high speed.
- Advanced modelling tool can transform water distribution network
Schneider Electric’s hydraulic modelling tool can improve water distribution network performance and deliver both operational and energy savings.
- Machine Builders: Finalists at the PACE Zenith Awards 2013
These eight nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Machine Builder Awards proudly sponsored by B&R.
- Building an online M2M portal
A discussion with Maxon Software Architect Paul Lourenco who designed maXconnect.
- What to look out for in energy management contracts
Rising energy costs and increasing environmental awareness and regulation mean that both government and industry are looking for ways to produce more energy for less and supply less energy to more users.
- Young Achievers: Finalists at the PACE Zenith Awards 2013
These four nominees beat the field to make it to our list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Young Achiever Awards proudly sponsored by SICK.
- Additive manufacturing slashes lead times for Fraser Engineering
One of the world’s largest fire truck outfitters in the world is using 3D printing to produce prototypes and parts to shorten lead times from months to days.
- Automation systems of the future will have safety fully integrated and networked
It is inevitable that as automation systems become more intelligent then so too must safety systems.