- Explainer: the Internet of Things
The University of Nottingham’s Richard Mortier explains the manufacturing industry’s new development – the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Chunky mobile devices? Soft graphene could help you downsize
Monash University’s Chi Cheng discusses how new materials are helping to shrink electronic devices and processes.
- MES comes to the forefront
Embrace a strategy in which advanced technology is considered as soon as practicable.
- How BYOD affects maintenance environments
Integrating mobility into daily maintenance activities is a priority for companies across industry.
- Invensys on the bidding block
Over the past several years I have predicted that Invensys would be sold off sooner or later. Now it’s happening.
- Custom robots deliver the goods at Electrolux Adelaide plant
At a time when local industry is confronted with substantial challenges, an innovative custom-designed automation system is delivering significant productivity benefits for an Adelaide manufacturer.
- SAGE Automation wins Overall Project of the Year
Using control systems to meet the demands of quality-driven, safety-critical manufacturing processes at the Countermeasures Manufacturing Facility wins SAGE Automation the top award.
- Realising the benefits of integrated security
The largest privately-funded museum in Australia has maximised its building automation capabilities and manages multiple complex systems from a simple single interface
- Ian Gibson’s industry contribution recognised
The 2013 PACE Zenith Awards recognised a professional who has devoted his life to growing and strengthening the process control industry.
- Russell Hughes wins Lifetime Achievement Award
Russell is a well-respected mentor to the engineering community. Over the years he has embraced change and used it to drive innovation.
- Qenos wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Oil & Gas
By retrofitting a torquemeter in a cracked gas compressor train Qenos was able to monitor compressor efficiency and avoid major capital expenditure.
- Deploying Industrial Ethernet for mission critical applications
When deploying a network for 24 x 7 critical infrastructure, the entire signal transmission path must be robust, reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- ICON Technologies wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Power & Energy Management
ICON Technologies developed a laboratory data management system for the Curtin University Green Electric Energy Park Facility as its core data acquisition and distribution system.
- The power of Ethernet: Understanding design principles
These are the key principles to be considered in the planning and design phase of an industrial automation Ethernet network.
- BlochTech wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Best Fieldbus Implementation
BlochTech, WorleyParsons and Profibus Association of Australia were recognised for their innovative implementation of Fieldbus technology at the Southern Seawater Desalination Plant.
- Transmin wins 2013 PACE Zenith Machine Builder Award
The company’s Rocklogic rock breaker control and automation system eliminates safety risks associated with critical mining operations. MAR was Highly Commended for its Robotic Idler Replacement System.
- Sinclair Knight Merz wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Water & Wastewater
The company provided multi-disciplinary engineering design services for the upgrade of the Goodna STP. UGL Engineering was Highly Commended for its Nepean Water Filtration Plant.
- Sunshine Sugar wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Food & Beverage
The company installed a drive and motor solution that has delivered over 40 percent saving in power consumption.
- Erin McMullen wins 2013 PACE Zenith Young Achiever Award
As engineering manager Erin McMullen is playing a key role in shaping the high performance culture of Unilever’s facility.
- SAGE Automation wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Manufacturing
The company designed and installed an aircraft countermeasures production facility for Chemring Australia. RPC Technologies was Highly Commended for its for Light Weight Mine Vent Duct.