- Realising the benefits of integrated security
The largest privately-funded museum in Australia has maximised its building automation capabilities and manages multiple complex systems from a simple single interface
- Ian Gibson’s industry contribution recognised
The 2013 PACE Zenith Awards recognised a professional who has devoted his life to growing and strengthening the process control industry.
- Russell Hughes wins Lifetime Achievement Award
Russell is a well-respected mentor to the engineering community. Over the years he has embraced change and used it to drive innovation.
- Qenos wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Oil & Gas
By retrofitting a torquemeter in a cracked gas compressor train Qenos was able to monitor compressor efficiency and avoid major capital expenditure.
- Deploying Industrial Ethernet for mission critical applications
When deploying a network for 24 x 7 critical infrastructure, the entire signal transmission path must be robust, reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- ICON Technologies wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Power & Energy Management
ICON Technologies developed a laboratory data management system for the Curtin University Green Electric Energy Park Facility as its core data acquisition and distribution system.
- The power of Ethernet: Understanding design principles
These are the key principles to be considered in the planning and design phase of an industrial automation Ethernet network.
- BlochTech wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Best Fieldbus Implementation
BlochTech, WorleyParsons and Profibus Association of Australia were recognised for their innovative implementation of Fieldbus technology at the Southern Seawater Desalination Plant.
- Transmin wins 2013 PACE Zenith Machine Builder Award
The company’s Rocklogic rock breaker control and automation system eliminates safety risks associated with critical mining operations. MAR was Highly Commended for its Robotic Idler Replacement System.
- Sinclair Knight Merz wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Water & Wastewater
The company provided multi-disciplinary engineering design services for the upgrade of the Goodna STP. UGL Engineering was Highly Commended for its Nepean Water Filtration Plant.
- Sunshine Sugar wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Food & Beverage
The company installed a drive and motor solution that has delivered over 40 percent saving in power consumption.
- Erin McMullen wins 2013 PACE Zenith Young Achiever Award
As engineering manager Erin McMullen is playing a key role in shaping the high performance culture of Unilever’s facility.
- SAGE Automation wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Manufacturing
The company designed and installed an aircraft countermeasures production facility for Chemring Australia. RPC Technologies was Highly Commended for its for Light Weight Mine Vent Duct.
- FLSmidth Ludowici wins 2013 PACE Zenith Award for Mining
The company developed technology to increase the recovery and concentration of fine particles in premium high-grade metallurgical coal processes. Adelaide Control Engineering was Highly Commended for its PhosEnergy Plant.
- Remote diagnostics can improve reliability of drives in mining
Rockwell Automation’s Andrew Hoch talks about recent advances in motors and drives used in mining.
- Concerns regarding potential of Ethernet in industrial plants are no longer valid
As Ethernet technology has evolved to meet the needs of the industrial automation market its capabilities provide significant advantages compared to the older proprietary networks.
- Lifetime Achievement: Finalists at the 2013 PACE Zenith Awards
These two respected professionals are our selected finalists for the 2013 PACE Zenith Lifetime Achievement Awards proudly sponsored by Emerson Process Management.
- Engineering company reinvents blow moulding machine operator interface
Intuitive HMI offers complete and cost-effective control of blow moulding process with improved performance over prior solution.
- Should Australia’s manufacturing future be nuclear?
Could the fabrication of nuclear fuel elements or fuel rods used in nuclear power generation plants, replace our current export of yellowcake?
- Water & Wastewater: Finalists at the 2013 PACE Zenith Awards
These eight nominees beat the field to make it to our select list of finalists in the 2013 PACE Zenith Water & Wastewater Awards proudly sponsored by Burkert Fluid Control Systems.