- Qenos makes a step change with Adaptive Process Control
The most critical shortcoming of current Advanced Control Systems is that as the plant ages and feedstock characteristics change resulting in inefficiencies and sub-standard output product. The new Adaptive Process Control implemented by Qenos overcomes these limitations.
- Inside the industrial Ethernet
UK Industry Automation expert and trainer, Peter Thomas sheds light on common industrial Ethernet misconceptions. He also discusses network security requirements and controlling process applications through industrial Ethernet.
- Addressing the challenges of process manufacturing with ERP software
Address the challenges of process manufacturing with ERP software.
- Process optimisation in minerals processing [opinion]
With mining facing an increasingly tough market environment, the sector is demanding that companies improve productivity and continually add value.
- An inside look at the Honeywell Software Centre and Design Studio [VIDEO]
Located in North Ryde on Sydney’s leafy north shore, the Honeywell Software Centre and Design Studio is one of Honeywell’s core R&D centres.
- Australian Engineering Accreditation Centre has been set up
Engineers Australia considers engineering education programs offered by Australian universities and vocational education institutions for accreditation.
- Four ways ERP can help process manufacturers achieve best practice in process control
Carsten Pedersen, Senior Executive at UXC Eclipse explains the importance for process manufacturers to use technology to achieve efficiency and success.
- Will food manufacturers crack under the pressure?
Food and beverage manufacturers can remain productive in the context of increasing raw material prices, energy prices and pressure from retailers.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: VIDEOS
Over 150 people turned out for the inaugural 2014 Women in Industry Awards dinner in June, where ladies from the mining, manufacturing and engineering sectors were rewarded and recognised for their career achievements.
- Enhanced version of 316L stainless steel with low carbon and sulphur content
Pirtek Fluid Systems announces the introduction of a new enhanced 316L stainless steel material by HAM-LET.
- Highly accurate differential pressure transmitter with double sensor inside
Bestech Australia presents a new range of differential pressure transmitters featuring a double sensor.
- Tahmoor Coal wins 2014 PACE Project of the Year Award
Tahmoor Coal Glencore demonstrated significant potable water savings and adopted a leading-practice approach to water management and sustainable development.
- Decentralised servo drive system reduces cabling by more than 80%
Motion Technologies introduces a new distributed servo drive solution from Kollmorgen designed to reduce cabinet space and cabling hassles.
- Speciality I/O products expanded for PLC control systems
Automated Control announces an expanded range of speciality I/O products from Advanced Micro Controls for PLC-based control systems.
- ProfiHub B5+RD providing a reliable solution in PROFIBUS DP networks
I S Systems announces the release of PROCENTEC’s ProfiHub B5+RD, a member of the ProfiHub family.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners : Excellence in Engineering Award – Naomi Mathers
For her work in the space industry, Naomi Mathers has won the 2014 Women in Industry Excellence in Engineering Award.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Employer of the Year Award – Brookfield Multiplex
Construction contract firm Brookfield Multiplex has won the 2014 Employer of the Year Award for its commitment to ensuring diversity is promoted within its ranks.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Mentor of the Year Award – Natasha Cann
For her delivery of a no-cost online mentoring service, Natasha Cann has received the 2014 Women in Industry Award for Mentor of the Year Award.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Excellence in Mining Award – Julie Shuttleworth
In recognition of her stellar career in the mining industry, Julie Shuttleworth has taken out the 2014 Women in Industry Award for Excellence in Mining.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Excellence in Manufacturing Award – Lynn Johnson
Under the leadership of Lynn Johnson $446 million worth of offshore and national supply contracts have been secured by Victorian SMEs, and for this she has been awarded the 2014 Women in Industry Excellence Manufacturing Award.