- Honeywell’s new offering makes buildings smarter
Honeywell has released new smart building technology that uses visualisation and simple, intuitive interfaces to improve operations and business outcomes. Matt McDonald reports.
- Cyber security & peace of mind
Cyber security needs to be taken seriously. And, as Matt McDonald writes, it is not just the high profile targeted attacks that industry needs to watch out for.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Excellence in Manufacturing
Finalists for this year’s Excellence in Manufacturing award have been revealed.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists:Excellence in Engineering
The short-list of finalists for this year’s Excellence in Engineering award have been announced.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: BDM of the Year
The short-list of finalists for this year’s BDM of the year award has been revealed.
- Yokogawa to broaden solutions
Russell Palmer, the new Managing Director of Yokogawa Australia talks to PACE Editor Kevin Gomez about the strategic direction for his company.
- Qenos optimises and the new system exceeds expectations
Qenos Olefins recently optimised its control system using an intelligent and reliable solution.
- Why companies have little incentive to invest in cybersecurity
Despite the increased risks developing in cybersecurity and data integrity, little heed is being paid to protecting company data.
- Automation and its role in mining
Rio Tinto’s Group Executive,Technology & Innovation,Greg Lilleyman discusses automation and its role in mining.
- Where are the female tradies?
While the number of women in the mining industry is rising, what can be done to increase the ratio of females in the resources sector?
- NI’s Arun Veeramani talks trends in embedded control
PACE talks to Arun Veeramani, Regional Program Manager, Embedded Control and Monitoring, NI.
- The future of business lies in the visible value chain
Mike Pitt examines the very real potential for IoT to change the landscape of supply chain logistics through enhanced visibility.
- How to select the correct hose for the food and beverage industry
The correct hose ensures reliable flow for food producers.
- Job survival in the age of robots and intelligent machines
With automation and robotics gaining traction in Australian industries, what lies ahead for many of our workers?
- Drive systems show their sweet side
Many steps are necessary to make chocolate from cocoa beans. Ingredients remain in near-continuous motion for days requiring reliable drive systems.
- Engineering a great future for young Australian women
Engineering remains one of the most imbalanced professions in Australia when it comes to the gender mix.
- Key engineering trends in Australia for 2015
Guy Dann of RS Components believes 3D printing for rapid prototyping and connected devices be key drivers of Australia’s engineering industry.
- The 3D revolution is upon us – and designers need better protection
3D printing is predicted to transform the business landscape of design-led innovation. But how well protected are Australian designs from unauthorised use?
- Five technology trends you can’t ignore
Australia’s manufacturing sector of tomorrow will involve creativity, innovation and higher value products.
- Production and maintenance to drive the expanded industry
Mining investment will collapse by 40 per cent over four years, but the sector will grow a result of greater production and maintenance